September 23rd, 2022
With the return to school well underway, we want to provide an update to families and caregivers on our current COVID-19 measures. Please know that the health and safety of our students and staff remain our top priority. We continue to follow the guidance of the Ministry of Education and public health, to balance the risk of COVID-19 transmission with the importance of in-person learning. Please see below for more information on our current COVID-19 protocols.
- We continue to recommend that staff, students and visitors self-screen every day before attending school, using the Ontario School Screening Tool.
- Please do not attend school if you are not feeling well.
If You Have Symptoms of COVID-19
- Following provincial guidelines, please stay home and do not return to school until your symptoms have been improving for at least 24 hours (48 hours if your symptoms include nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea).
- Please use the Ontario School Screening Tool to determine when you should return to school.
- If a student becomes symptomatic at school, they will be moved to a well-ventilated area while waiting for their caregiver to take them home.
- Please remain kind, considerate and respectful to those who choose to continue wearing a mask.
- Masks will continue to be provided to students who choose to use them.
- If a student has just returned from international travel, please refer to the Federal Travel Requirements to determine if they must wear a mask to school.
- It is also recommended that staff and students wear a mask to school for a 10-day period if exposed to COVID-19 by a household member, or when returning to school after having experienced symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
- School staff will continue to remind and ensure students use appropriate hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette (e.g. regular hand washing, coughing into their sleeve).
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected at least once a day.
- HEPA units continue to be used in all kindergarten and special education classrooms as well as teaching and non-teaching spaces without mechanical ventilation.
- If you have concerns about ventilation, please connect with your school principal who will work with Facility Services to address your concerns.
- Find more information on ventilation here.
Rapid Antigen Test Kits
- Rapid antigen tests are available to staff and students by request.
- Test kits can also be obtained at local pharmacies and grocery stores. Find your nearest location here.
COVID-19 Case Reporting
- We will not be reporting COVID-19 cases to families this year.
Categories: Principal's Message